Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

It has begun

For those of you who read my posting about change here in Oakmont it has begun. I noticed yesterday on the way home from work that heavy equipment had started demolition on the lot directly behind the Dairy Queen. Also there has been some preliminary work done on the Exxon station on Hulton Road.

I also noticed a crew of men working around the intersection of Allegheny Avenue and Hulton Road on my way into work in the morning. My guess is they are making preparations for the installation of the two new traffic signals that are to appear at that location.

Those of you who like to take photographs in order to store memories of “the way we were” had better be quick. I have a feeling once they get rolling that the gas station and the Dairy Queen will not last long.