Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Oakmont's annual street sale

This weekend will be another event that makes Oakmont a nice place to live. Every year the local merchants sponsor a “street sale”. A few blocks of Allegheny River Boulevard are cordoned off to traffic and patrons are free to roam the street looking at items on sale. Sort of a sale and block party combined. It has also become somewhat of a social event with where you run into friends and stop to chat about family and what is going on in town. The event will be this Saturday, July 30th, from 10:00AM until 04:00PM in the afternoon.

If you have been thinking about visiting Oakmont here is a good reason not that you really need a reason to come look around. I have a previous commitment scheduled for Saturday morning so I may only get to catch the tail end of the sale but I'm sure my wife will be there browsing the various shops. If you see either of us on the boulevard stop and say hello. If you do stop by treat yourself and make sure to stop in and visit Mystery Lovers Book Shop.