Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Pittsburgh makes the top 10


A former Pittsburgh resident now living down south spotted this and sent me the link to this story. I think whoever wrote it has never been to Glen's Frozen Custard in Springdale which as far as I'm concerned should be in the top ten! Lets not forget Berkeys right here in Oakmont on Allegheny Avenue. Linda and I have both determined you need not venture into down town Pittsburgh in order to enjoy first quality ice cream. I'm sure those of you who have been to either will agree. So, if you are an ice cream aficionado, and I live with one of the top ten, I'm sure you will find this article interesting.


10 Spots for the Country's Top Ice Cream

National Ice Cream Month is over (President Reagan dedicated the month of July as such in 1984), but as the mercury continues to rise across the country, lines will only be lengthening in the coming weeks at ice cream parlors everywhere.
Below are recommendations, culled from Fodor's writers and our Talk forums, for where to go to indulge in the country's best ice cream. Have one that you'd like to share? Feel free to add it to "So Where's the REALLY GOOD Ice Cream," a seven-year old thread with over 300 suggestions!

Follow this LINK for the entire story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home