Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Sometimes you just have to go with the flow (pun intended)

Due to some egregious errors in construction practices carried out by one of the previous owners, the upstairs bathroom at our house has been in need of serious attention for some time now. It is one of those things that you keep putting money aside for thinking one day we will have to tackle that project that remains on the rear burner due to the slow growth of the construction fund. Then one day some event occurs that provides a tipping point, in this case a leaking pipe, and you plow forward ready or not.

Now most guys would strap on their tool belts take up arms and meet this type of project head on. Among his many talents my Dad was a carpenter and could do any type of remodeling work in addition to turning out beautiful items made completely of wood. My brother has similar abilities having made a living at times with hammer and saw. I on the other hand joke about hanging pictures on the wall and discarding nails I pick out of the box because the “flat end” is facing the away from me so they must be for the opposite wall.

In the words of Harry CallahanA man just has to know his limitations.” and I do. So several local contractors were contacted for bids on doing some repairs on my bathroom. I had been warned by all that kitchens and bathrooms were notorious hiding more than appeared on the surface and in this instance that turned out to be the case.

This is what the bathroom looked like several days ago.




And this is what it looks like now.


Needless to say this has made life very interesting around the Sprouse house. Like going to a nearby relatives home to get a shower each day. Well life goes on and all will be much better in the end, at least that is what they tell me. I'll let you know how it turns out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home