Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Lost Bomber


I mentioned this incident in a previous posting possibly on the anniversary date it happened. A good friend sent me the link to this story this morning and I just have to pass it along to the readers. I find it hard to believe in this day and age if the group mentioned in the story has indeed located the plane that they couldn't get some television show to finance bringing it up from the river. As they say on Fox News I'll report, you decide.

“In the middle of the afternoon on January 31, 1956 a B-25 bomber crash-landed into the Monongahela river near Homestead, Pennsylvania. All six aboard survived the impact, though two of them died before they were saved from the cold water. It was an unfortunate accident, and in the following weeks a search for the sunken plane was conducted.”

Follow this link for the complete story. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home