Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

August 6th 2006 and another year passes

Another year has pasted and here we are at August 6th again. I wrote an article last year on the sixtieth anniversary of the world changing event with my thoughts on how the decisions of the day had stood the test of time and history. I think they bear repeating on this August 6th in light of the current conflict in the Middle East and the ongoing war on terror faced by not only the United States but all peace loving countries in the world.

From a Christian perspective I deplore the loss of human life and the destruction that is being inflicted on both Israel and Lebanon yet I see no immediate answer to the conflict. If you read my previous posting you can guess my feelings on the current war taking place on the other side of the world. It appears as though Israel has two options. Stand by and be wiped from the face of the map while attempting to negotiate peace with your enemies or use military force to crush their ability to make war to the point that they will cease there activities.

As the rest of the world looks on waiting for Israel to do their work for them I am reminded of the old adage that “All evil needs to triumph is for good men to stand by and do nothing.”. We have already seen the results of that type of action in Europe in the 1930s. Let us hope that we don't have to lean the lesson again in the twenty first century with Iran.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home