Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Labor Day 2005 summer winds down again

I hope all of you out there reading this are having a really great holiday weekend. I can't believe that it is Labor Day already. One of the things that happens when you get older and your kids have all grown and left the nest is you lose your reference on the calendar year. We no longer have to get kids ready for school after Labor Day so the end of the summer is somewhat less pronounced. Now I gage the passing of time by the church year calendar.

I have completed my big project at work and it looks like I'm going to get the entire weekend off. I probably shouldn't say that too loudly! Knock on wood! I plan on spending my weekend reading, maybe taking in a movie and spending time with my new grand daughter. With the wonderful weather they are calling for I might even get a new antenna or two up outside for my amateur radio activities. Heaven knows at $3.19 cents a gallon for gas I won't be making any long Labor Day trips not that I had planned any before the spike in the gas prices. Actually much to Linda's chagrin I am somewhat of a “home body” and would prefer to be here in Oakmont relaxing on the back porch than traveling anyway. I also plan to do a little work on my own computers with some Linux updates. All in all should be a good weekend.

On a more somber note, I will be in church on Sunday where I will offer my payers for those affected by the natural disaster in the Gulf coast. I hope you will do the same. Have a safe and happy holiday weekend. Hug your family and appreciate that you have them with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home