Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Has anyone seen my day stretcher?

I am still looking for my day stretcher as I just can’t seem to make the hours in the day go nearly far enough. Even finding time to sit at the computer and type a few words for my blogs is becoming difficult. Of course it doesn’t help that the used laptop I bought a few years ago now has a “bouncy” keyboard and at times as I watch the letters and words appear on the screen as I type now and again a few extra ones find their way into the line. If you have ever typed a paper with a typewriter manual or electric though you can appreciate that I’m willing to tolerate a “little” key bounce in return for the attributes of a word processor.

At least the weather has improved. With the high humidity gone we are experiencing some truly great sunny days and evenings. Linda and I ate dinner out on the back porch yesterday evening and listened to the crickets sing in the nearby trees. I have never been a “winter person” not even as a kid. So summer, fall and spring are my favorite times of the year pretty much in that order.

As summer winds down I look forward to taking some time off and spending a few of those sunny days sitting in my swing on the back porch with Lucy and reading a good book. It is a great way to relax. I have a few projects at work that I have to get out of the way first though so until the I keep looking for the elusive tool to make my hours, days, weeks and months longer than they are. In the meantime I will try to make the best use of the hours God has granted me the use of. Hope those of you reading this are having a wonderful summer.