Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

ABC Prime Time goes inside the 911 system tonight

This should be of interest to the residents of Allegheny County especially in light of how long it took for us to get 911 service and the current move to consolidate the dispatching in one physical location.
This is a subject that affects all of us not only from a safety stand point but in terms of the tax dollars involved in the system.

Tonight on ABC News Prime Time they are doing an hour long special on the inside workings of the 911 system. The blurb on the web site did not say if they were just talking about the call takers or the entire system including the technical telephone side. I would imagine they are only interested in the people side. In any case I plan to fire up the TiVo when I get home to make sure I see it. Thought I would pass it along to the blog readers.