Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Interesting story from News Max web site

Here is an interesting tid bit about one of my favorite stores. Matter of fact Linda has accused me of having an incestuous relationship with this group! That of course being Amazon the on line vendor that survived the infamous dot com bubble of the 1990's and actually made money. A small portion of that revenue has come from my bank account since ninety plus percent of my book collection arrived in a box by way of a big brown truck.

So when I spotted this story on the News Max site this morning I thought I would share it with you. Like I said I found it interesting and I sincerely hope that Amazon's project continues to fruition bringing more knowledge to the Internet than it already has.

Amazon Opens Book Doors
NewsMax.com Wires
Tuesday, Aug. 16, 2005
SEATTLE, Washington - Cellular biologist Bruce Lipton holds no fond memories of his early struggles to get his book published.

One by one, the big houses in New York looked at "Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles," but eventually said no, suggesting his theory that signals outside cells control genes was too radical for mainstream readers.

Story Continues Below

Follow this link to read the rest of the story.