Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Book of Danile and televisions view of Christianity

I never saw an episode of “The Book of Daniel” having seen enough from the promotions and heard enough via word of mouth to know that it was not worth waisting my time on viewing. I have to say that I was not surprised when the show was canceled I did however think it would make the entire first season before that happened. Here is an interesting commentary on the shows demise.

NBC cancels 'Book of Daniel'; Commentary from Veith

Commentary: Lessons from the late 'Book of Daniel'
By Gene Edward Veith

The controversial TV show "The Book of Daniel" has been canceled after only three episodes, making it one of the biggest bombs in television history. Christian activists denounced the show as a mockery of Christianity, but NBC is saying that the main reason it got pulled was its abysmal ratings. Whatever the reason, the show's failure can serve as a revealing object lesson, both for Hollywood and for Christians wanting to interact with the culture.

Follow THIS LINK to read the entire commentary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home