Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

On to Denver.........

Well my inkling was correct and the Steelers came to play football today. The Colts on the other hand didn't seem to have their heads in the game. Don't know if they believed the hype and were already planning for Denver or if they just had a bad day. In the end it still wound up being a heart stopper right down to the end. I think the key though is that these guys are hungry and they want to win. They have the right attitude.

Much as I enjoy watching the Steelers play I was up most of the night because of some pain I was having from my bout with the flu. So I fell asleep in the chair in the living room and missed a good deal of the game. Probably just as well since I did not need to be doing any yelling and screaming. Well it will be good to see everyone in a good mood tomorrow after the win. I was writing a rant very late last night when I couldn't sleep about the fact that the mood of the entire area seems to follow the success or failure of the team this time of the year. I think there are things far more important in life that I wish people would get as excited about as the local football team and I may still finish those thoughts and post them latter. For now I wish the home town team success next week in Denver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home