Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Monday, January 23, 2006

I'm sorry I just couldn't let it pass.....

I know in a previous posting I said I would reserve my ranting for another time but as I prepared for bed I was reminded where some of my friends will be tomorrow and what they will be doing all day. I hope next year to be in better health so that I can join them. Latter today they and a number of other people from the Pittsburgh area will be talking about “the buss” and it will have nothing to do with Sunday's victory over the Denver Bronco's.

Instead they will be talking about the buss that they will board to make the trip to Washington DC where they will join with others from all over the tristate area and the rest of the country. There they will make their feeling know to our elected representatives about the serious injustice that continues to take place in our nation. That is the taking of millions of innocent lives of unborn children some in a manner so despicable that when described in detail you would believe you are hearing some grotesque tale from a World War II death camp. And no, I am not exaggerating for effect, this is a fact!

As a human being I believe that when history looks back on our time from the future we will be judged very harshly for permitting these atrocities to continue, and make no mistake, atrocities are what they are. As a Christian I believe the Holy Bible when it tells me that a day will come when we all will stand before God to be judged. I have grave fear of what his judgment will be in this matter that our generation, in this nation, has permitted these acts to be visited on the most defenseless of one of his greatest gifts to us. I hope all of you will keep those that travel to protest this injustice in your prayers and that you will continue to pray for leadership in our government that will bring these practices to an end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home