Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Let is snow..... Let it snow..... Let it snow........

I just know I'm going to regret writing this but I can't resist. As I have mentioned in previous posts I have never been a fan of winter or winter weather. So after several days of temperatures well above the seasonal norm I was not looking forward to this weekend in which the local prognosticators were calling for anywhere from a dusting to four inches of the white stuff depending on whose version you listened to.

Well Saturday came and went and we did get more than our fair share of rain as predicted and the temperature has returned to a more winter like thirty one degrees although in typical Pittsburgh fashion they are saying that by the beginning of the week we will be back in the fifties.

Right now however, outside the window to my ham radio shack the sun is shining quite brightly and the sky is blue with big white puffy clouds. If this is winter, bring it on! As I said I know I'm going to regret this latter as this type of weather, much as I would love it to, just can't last until spring. For now however I will look out my window at the bright sunshine and hum “Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....” to myself and smile. Enjoy the day and GO STEELERS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home