Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Monday, January 23, 2006

And now on to Detroit! ! !

It has been quite some time since I had “Steeler fever” but I think it may be going around. After the stadium debacle where the will of the voters was thwarted even after they made their wishes know at the ballot box I had a very sour taste in my mouth for any of the professional sports teams in Pittsburgh. I still have a problem with the amount of attention lavished on these teams by the community when all of that passion could be directed to other things that could use the support and enthusiasm of the people of the city and the surrounding areas that would go a long way toward making this a better place to live.

I will however save that rant for another time. For now I hope the team and all of those that support them will relish in their victory today and wish them the best for their next contest in Detroit. My hat is off to the Pittsburgh Steelers for a hard fought season and a well earned AFC championship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home