Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Happy New Year 2006

After a fairly long hiatus, at least in the blog world, I'm back at the keyboard. I had a truly great Christmas holiday and shortly there after came down with the flu which I'm still recovering from. I sincerely hope that the new year has started off on a much better note for you.

There are several thing happening around Oakmont that I wanted to write about and now having taken not only the last two weeks of 2005 as vacation and then being sick for the first week of 2006 I am somewhat behind at work. None the less I will try to update the blog on a more regular basis.

Some of the things that have caught my attention is that ground has been broken at the site of the former Exxon station on the corner of Allegheny Avenue and Hulton Road and construction is finally under way on the new pharmacy that will be built there.

There are also some significant changes taking place in our police department. I have every intention of being at the next council meeting to ask some questions about these changes. At this point I don't have an opinion pro or con on most of the changes taking place but I do want to learn more about them and the logic behind them. I look forward to another good year in Oakmont.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home