Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Is it just me?

Am I losing my ability to pay attention or did the old Edgewater Steel property just sprout a new cell phone tower site? Being an amateur radio operator I don't normally miss a radio tower so it was to my surprise that as I crossed the Hulton Bridge on the way home from work the other evening that I looked down river and spotted this tower which from the bridge looks to be on the Edgewater property.

The last new cell tower that I know of that went in around this area is the one just north of the bridge on the Harmarville side that went up about five or six years ago. Now that I think about it, I'm also wondering if that tower is not just for cell phones. I keep hearing rumors that some local communities are switching their public safety radio dispatching to Allegheny County. Penn Hills police and fire have already made the move as has all of the departments on the other side of the river south of Harmarville. I will have to investigate further. If you know anything about the new tower drop me a note in email.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home