Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Cool site of the day...........

I am on a number of mailing lists that keep me informed on subjects related to my work and hobbies. This particular one covers some of both worlds. Kim Komando is a syndicated talk show host with a lot of computer savvy. I thought would pass toady's “cool site of the day” along to the readers of the blog.


Today's Cool Site...

Digital image archive
There's nothing like the library. I could spend hours just flipping through the books. Of course, books with pictures are the best kind.

But if you want to browse pictures, you don't have to go to the library. The New York Public Library has digitized an astounding number of images. There are over 350,000 and you can view them all online!

You can browse photographs, prints and historical maps. Or perhaps you'd like something more unusual. How about floor plans for New York City apartments? Or cyanotypes of British algae?

You could spend hours perusing the collection. If you're like me, you probably will. Keep in mind the photographs are free for browsing. If you want to reproduce them, you will need to pay a fee.
Waiting in line at the grocery store can be a drag. But now, some grocery stores let you do your shopping online. That’s what I’m talking about on today’s national radio Kim Komando Computer Minute. To find the radio station nearest you that broadcasts my Minute, use the map on my site.

TO VISIT TODAY'S COOL SITE, GO HERE: DIGITAL GALLERY


Thanks for subscribing to our newsletters. We all work hard to bring you just the best that the Internet has to offer! Kim :)

GET MORE FREE COMPUTER KNOW-HOW FROM ME : REQUEST TIPS


Notice: We give Web sites a "heads-up" before mentioning them in our Cool Sites of the Day. Still, my newsletters generate so much traffic that Web sites sometimes become unavailable. If you are unable to access today's Cool Site now, please try later. It is a working site

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home