Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

I will have to just show my grand daughters pictures

Well it breaks my heart but a life long Oakmont land mark is gone. I took this picture about two weeks ago just haven't had time to sit down and write about it. I won't miss the gas station all that much but it sure seems funny to go down either Allegheny River Boulevard or Allegheny Avenue, look over and not see the Dairy Queen. Oakmont youngsters will surely miss it during future hot summer nights when it was nice to go and get a cold ice cream cone or some other frozen treat. My friend Henry and I have eaten many of their “Brazer” burgers cooked over open flame and REALLY delicious. I suppose in the long run the new pharmacy will bring more revenue to the town and create more jobs but I'm just being a little nostalgic tonight. I have two grand daughters now and when they come to visit Pap in Oakmont there won't be a Dairy Queen to visit. Such is life, which always moves on. I have some additional pictures that I will post with more thoughts at a latter time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home