Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Humor?

This was written as humor but to me it has a ring of truth to it. See if you agree.


Today's Press

A man is walking by the Berkley, California Zoo when he sees a little girl
leaning into the lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the cuff
of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to devour her right in front of
the little girl's screaming parents.

The man runs to the cage, hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful
punch. Whimpering from the pain, the lion jumps back letting go of the
girl, and the man brings her to her terrified parents, who thank him
endlessly.

A reporter has seen the whole scene, and addressing the man, says: "Sir,
this was the most gallant and brave thing I saw a man do in my whole
life."
"Why, it was nothing," said the man; "really, the lion was behind bars
and I knew God would protect me just as He did Daniel in the lions den long,
long ago. I just saw this little kid in danger and acted as I felt was
right."

"I noticed a bible in your pocket," said the journalist.

"Yes, I'm a Christian and was on my way to a bible study," the man
replied.


"Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist, you
know, and tomorrow's paper will have this on the front page."

The journalist leaves. The following morning the man buys the paper to
see if it indeed brings news of his actions, and reads, on the first page:

"Right Wing Christian Fundamentalist Assaults African Immigrant and Steals
His lunch."

1 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Joe Murphy said...

I had read this recently as well, I agree funny but sadly probably true.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home