Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Monday, February 18, 2008

A really pleasant Sunday

I actually wrote this post a few weeks ago and saved it as a "draft" in the blogging software. Guess I was enjoying the day so much that I didn't get around to posting it.


Sunday February 18th 2008

Well yesterday was a very pleasant Sunday. Linda and I picked up our grand daughter Autumn and went to Sunday school followed by church services. We then took Autumn out to lunch and she and Grand Ma engaged in one of their favorite pass times, shopping. Even though she has very short legs Autumn can wear most adults out on a "shop till you drop" expedition. On this day though I think Linda got the better of her. By the time they had reached Michael's Craft Store Autumn was ready to ride in the shopping cart instead of walking.

Pap on the other hand served as chauffeur and got to read the Sunday paper and take in a few more chapters of the latest book I'm reading. I never have been one for shopping myself.

There was time to sit and talk while having lunch making me aware of just how quickly our little princes is growing up. She is only three and I can't for the life of me figure out where the last three years have gone. I want to soak up every minute of her childhood as well as that of her sister. Then we returned her home to her parents where Andy demonstrated the camera he gave Katie for Valentines Day by taking a few snap shots which you can see two of here. I hope your day in Oakmont and around town was half as pleasant as mine was and that you experienced God's blessing as well.

While I long for a warmer climate and milder winters yesterday reminded me to remember what I have right here in my own back yard.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home