Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Food, fun, good conversation and friends. What more could you ask!



Redeemer Lutheran Church & School will be holding their annual Strawberry Festival this Friday evening, June 9th 2006, from 06:00 PM to 8:00 PM and as a member of the congregation I'm inviting you to join us. We do this event every year on the front lawn of the church, weather permitting, and indoors should it be raining.

There will be hot dogs, baked beans, hot sausages and all of the typical summer cook out fair. Oh, and don't forget desert! Strawberry short cake with or without ice cream although my lovely wife Linda can't imagine why you would want it without the ice cream. Even better than the food will be a chance to relax and chat about whatever comes to mind with a really nice bunch of folks. You don't need to be a member of the church or even a resident of Oakmont to join us. Everyone is welcome! If you read this and do attend I plan to be there so be sure to see my picture on the blog and make sure you introduce yourself and say hello.

There is a small charge for the food and I apologize for not having the figures as I write this if I get that information I will edit the post and add it later. The money collected goes to support our missions and will be put to good use doing God's work. So come and join us if you can, I look forward to meeting you. Should I not be there when you arrive just introduce yourself to any of our members and you will be welcomed to the gathering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home