Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Friday, January 08, 2010

What did you think of Brit Hume's statement?


Being of a conservative bent I get my dose of television news from the Fox News Channel. I still occasionally get my news on dead trees but the bulk of it comes from the web and pod casts. I even occasionally still watch one of the three major broadcast networks news shows although not very often.


I was a little surprised when on the weekly Fox News Sunday program hosted by Chris Wallace Brit Hume made the comment that he though Tiger Woods should convert to Christianity which could offer him forgiveness if he repents from his sins and has faith in Jesus Christ. It is very unusual almost unheard of for on screen television talent to mention their religious beliefs let along mention the name of Jesus Christ. Yet this is just what Brit Hume did on Fox News Sunday and it drew both plaudits and criticism.

I also am an avid listener to Issues Etc radio show on the Internet. So I was not surprised when Pastor Todd Wilken brought the subject up on the show and ask his listening audience what they though of the remarks made by Mr. Hume. I think you will find the discussion that follows interesting. I am supplying a link so that you can listen to this portion of the show aired on January 5th of this year.

Brit Hume Suggests Tiger Woods Become a Christian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home