Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What did President Obama really say about abortion?

I tend to be very opinionated on some things in life and abortion is one of them. I freely admit that I have come full circle in my lifetime on this issue. For a very long time I held the position that abortion was morally wrong and that it is something that I would never permit in my family, but that it was also absolutely none of the governments business and should not be a matter to be decided by lawmakers or enforced one way or the other by law.

After a lot of study of the issue talking with friends and family and reading as much material as I can find I have come 180 degrees on my stance. I now firmly believe that from the moment of conception that baby, that child, is a human being just the same as you and I. I also firmly believe that there is no difference between someone taking a knife and plunging it into the chest of another person and a doctor performing an abortion. Lets not mince words, they both are acts of murder, the taking of a human life. In the case of abortion an innocent and defenceless life.

President Obama's recent speech at Notre Dame while noble sounding I found somewhat disingenuous. He speaks of finding a middle ground and of being tolerant of other peoples positions on the issue. Yet in the end I think actions speak louder than words and all actions in the matter are decidedly one sided.

I am not very good at expressing ideas in print so when I listened to this segment of a talk show that I enjoy I heard my own thoughts expressed much better than I could say them myself. If you have time please click on the link and think about the discussion that you hear. I think you will find it both interesting and informative.

Click to listen to Issues Etc on President Obama's speech.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home