Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax Day


For those of you who haven't yet done so now it the time to get all of those forms filled out, all of the receipts gathered and sit down with the bottle of Tylenol and put this annual duty to bed for yet another year.

I am always amazed at the amount of whaling and gnashing of teeth on the week leading up to April 15th each year by the populous in general. After the date passes there are a select few that keep the fight alive for lower taxes but for the most part the outrage subsides and is soon forgotten.

It is for that reason that I do not have a bright outlook for the possibility of getting any real relief for my wallet from the tax man in the foreseeable future I'm sorry to say. Sorry because I feel that if this problem is not addressed that it will lead to the eventual fall of the United States of America as we know it today.

Sooner or latter we will reach that tipping point where one half of the nation is working to support the other half and the half that is doing the paying will get fed up and they rise up and do something about it. At this time there is no way to tell for sure what that something will be.

My first wish is that the reaction would be a huge turn out at the voting polls sending the message that we will no longer stand for unlimited government spending and waste. Past history tells me that unless in the wake of this economic down turn the ire of the public has finally awakened November will bring no changes to the governing body.

We currently have a government that is out of control in spending taxpayers money in order to finance programs that the federal government has no reason or requirement to be conducting. They have grown addicted to the power that is provided by the manipulation of the tax code in order to retain office and make social policy. I pray that I am wrong and that we have finally reached that tipping point where we no longer will simply allow this injustice to continue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home