Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Thanks for the memories


Don't ask me what I'm doing up at almost one in the morning because I don't know. Still wound up from watching the playoff game I suppose. One could play "would have, could have, should have" all night long but the bottom line is that the Steelers were beaten by a better team tonight.

This brings me back to one of my great laments. I would have preferred that the home town team would have won this evening and I was on the edge of my seat rooting for them until the very end. When however the game was over, it was over. I left the television on to catch some local news since I had not had it on all day and the first fifteen minuted was ALL about the game. I'm sure that anyone still tuned into WPXI coming up on midnight was there because they had been watching the game. It never ceases to amaze me how this town lives and dies by the outcome of a Steelers game.

I like the Steelers and enjoy watching them play. Even more so when they win! I have to wonder though with all of the problems that the City of Pittsburgh and our region face why we can't get that many people that fired up about matters that really affect their lives. I guess I'm just not wired like a real true honest to gosh Pittsburgh Steelers fan.

So I want to say "thanks for the memories" boys and a season well played. I will be back to root for you next year. Perhaps if any of you happen to read this you can use your considerable influence with the people of this town and region to improve it during the off season. It would be a refreshing change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home