Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Friday, January 04, 2008

And now things get interesting

I realize that the Iowa Caucuses are only the first small step in a campaign that has been brewing for what seems like forever, but I think now the public is actually starting to pay attention. I will leave it to the political pundits to decipher the intricacies of what the wins of Gov. Mike Huckabee and Sen. Sen. Barack Obama mean in the upcoming races for the White House. Not to mention the ramifications of a third place loss for Sen Hillary Clinton. If the stories of Hillary's temper are to be believed, and I do think many of the stories are true, I would not want to be around the woman this night.

I currently don't have a favorite in the race. What I'm really look for is a person with a combination of ideas and policies of the Republican candidates with the leadership qualities and charisma of a Barack Obama. Since no such candidate has been proffered by either party I'm waiting to make my choice until I know for sure where each stands on issues that are important to my country myself and my family.

I hope in the next few days to write about some of the books that I have been reading while on vacation one of which is of extreme importance in relation to the upcoming elections in the fall of this year. I realize that the first week of January is not yet completed but I hope that all of you will start thinking about the political races ahead this coming year so that you will not only be informed but that you will participate. Here are some places that you might want to visit in the blogosphere.

Crosswalk.com

Real Clear Politics

Hugh Hewitt

Jerry Bowyer

Power Line


Captain's Quarters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home