Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Thought for the day.............

I only wish I had the wisdom to think these thoughts, I have to admit however that the author of this quote is unknown.


Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Linda and I have had a very good Christmas and are looking forward to a very happy New Year. My only regret was that some of the health problems I had last year at this time tried to come back and bite me yet again. In the words of the sage Yogi Berra it was starting to feel like “deja vu all over again” and that had me worried. So Saturday I found myself in the doctors office at 08:30 in the morning for a breathing treatment and the beginning of a regime of drugs to try to get ahead of this before it really got me down. So far I'm happy to report it seems to be working. I had a few days off work so I managed to stay home and rest as the doctor suggested and I'm starting to perk up again. Only time will tell as I had a similar experience last year when I seemed to be bouncing back only to get the slats knocked out from under me a few weeks latter.

On top of all this fun both the family cars decided to die last Friday. Well really one had already been disabled by mechanical failure and I decided to hold off on getting it repaired for a while and use the other. On the way home from work last week the water pump let go in the that car which in turn broke the timing belt forcing me to have it towed to a garage. I then walked home lugging my laptop and not feeling very good about the day.

Fortunately I was looking forward to the coming weekend and celebrating Christmas which I knew was not about “things”. My spirits were up lifted by celebration of the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus. Knowing that because of that event I would be having a weekend with family and friends, even though I would keep my distance from some just in case I might pass on what ever malady had befallen me.

It did indeed turn out to be a wonderful weekend despite all. I did not make it to church services which I really missed. I did get to spend time with the family though and that made my weekend. The icing on the cake was that a friend who as moved away Pittsburgh was in town to visit his family and stopped by to say hello. Mark is furthering his education in preparation for the seminary and I have not seen him for some time now. So the fact that he was able to stop by for a visit was a real treat for me. Family and friends are the true presents of Christmas for me.

I hope those reading this had a holiday as enjoyable as mine with out the foibles that I encountered. I also hope that you are looking forward to a very Happy New Year. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home