Around the Town in Oakmont PA

My thoughts and musings on life, technology and living in my adopted home town.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Welcome to Oakmont Pennsylvania

Welcome to 'Around The Town in Oakmont PA' my place in cyberspace for expressing my thoughts on my adopted home town. Having passed the half century mark in age I find that I have spent more of those years in Oakmont than the place of my birth and childhood which was Wilkinsburg. I have raised three boys here and my family history goes back beyond my birth with the Oakmont / Verona area. My father worked in Oakmont both before and after the second world war and my older brother was born at home in Oakmont.

I earn my living working with computers but am relatively new to the world of web logs and blogging. I am anything but competent when it comes the mastery of the English language but I do enjoy the written word and reading is one of my pass times when not working. So I hope as you read through my blog that you will overlook any faux pas's committed in my efforts to express my thoughts on electronic paper.

Oakmont has undergone a number of changes over the years but the town still retains it charm and is a wonderful place to live. Now if only it were outside of Allegheny County! Those of you who own property within the county limits will understand that statement without further explanation. If you have thoughts you would like to share about Oakmont feel free to email me with them. My email address is AroundTheTownInOakmont@yhaoo.com and I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home